Having some fun getting used to my 350d again

 A nice clear night last night so thought I would try out my newly acquired 350d with its standard 55ml lens. After a little bit of faffing around trying to get focused by trial and error, I managed to take about 50 shots of the night sky just above the trees in my garden and 30 of the same with the lens cap on to give me a set of darks to work with. This morning I stacked those in deep sky stacker and then finished the image off in photoshop. Not a bad result even got M32 in there so was quite happy with that. Next stage will be getting the mount set up with a go-to system and some tracking to have a crack at some deep-sky objects. Ah, the memories come flooding back of all those nights I spent outside under the stars and I must say I am enjoying doing this all again.



Comments

Popular Posts