Astrocasto returns after a long break and looking forward to doing it all again

 Well, it's been a crazy year so far and I have moved to a lovely dark sky area so it seemed a good time to get back into astrophotography. Having sold all my gear 5 years ago and given it all a complete break it was not long before those dark skies began to rekindle the desire to start doing astrophotography again.

So with the help of my friend we went halves on the good old trustworthy tried and tested Skywatcher 200p and the EQ5 that I started with back in 2010. The intention now is to upgrade this with the skywatcher syn scan kit a modded guide camera and then hook it all up to Astroberry or Stellermate to control the mount, camera and guiding. We have got ourselves two Canon DSLR cameras a rebel T6 and my dear old friend the Canon 350d which I may or may not mod and take the filter out.

The excitement of catching your first image is still there and it is great to trace back the steps I took all those years ago. The universe is still up there to discover and now with the knowledge, I have gained from those first 5 years of imaging I feel ready to do this all again and improve on my past efforts. 

To spur me on a friend of mine in America encouraged me greatly when her husband who is a talented musician asked if he could use my images to go with his music which was great news please check it out in the link below. Bruce is a very talented musician and I am honoured that he wanted to use my images for his next production.

Lights from distant stars






Comments

Popular Posts