Orion Nebula first ever view!

WOW ! Got up at 4.30am to be rewarded with a fantastic view of the Orion Nebula for the first time. The two pictures of this amazing site situated just below Orions belt show first the colour image from Hubbles space telescope then the smaller image is a simulated image ofwhat I saw through my Sky watcher explorer 200p telescope using the 2xBarlow and 25mm lens together. This was the first time I had ever seen this incredible sight in the night sky and I was amazed by the size of this Nebula and how bright it was. The sky was polluted by the stupid council leaving our car park lights on all night long but I still got a great view of it. Will have to get my self to a darker site with no street lights to see this again. But if there was anything need to persuade you to take up astronomy and get a telescope then this is it, simply amazing and awe inspiring!

Comments

Popular Posts