Horse Head Nebula with the Altair astro Hypercam 294c fan cooled ccd camera

 Quite challenging this one, getting the framing right is essential I'm still not quite happy with it and will keep going on it to get more data but for now, it is looking much better than my very early attempts with the old Canon 350d back in 2013. This is roughly 34 3min subs in H-Alpha with a gain of 900 offset of 100 and 1x1 binning for the settings on the camera.

 I then combined that data with only 15 of the same but done in RGB for the final image. Ideally, I need 60 3min subs in H- Alpha and 60 in RGB and I need good flats darks and dark flats calibration frames for a better image but very pleased with the Altair Astro 294c camera so far. Of course, the clouds and crappy British weather don't help but we persevere.



Comments

Popular Posts