Building a cheap observatory

Building an observatory from an old shed and keeping it all low cost.


Ok everyone this is going to be an ongoing project for the next month or so. I am going to dismantle my old garden shed that is falling to bits and turn it into an observatory. Its not going to be amazing just functional and hopefully it will keep me warm and dry this winter time when I am out there doing my astrophotography.

So hope you enjoy following my progress and that it inspires you to have a go as well.

First off all lets take a look at the shed that's going to be pulled apart.
Its pretty old but that's ok because I don't want something fancy just a basic simple observatory that will keep me warm this winter.

Here is the shed.

You can see that its very basic but my plan is to move it to the right place, take the roof off and divide it into two main areas. The door will be the area where I will sit and be sectioned off from the other area where my telescope will be.
So the next stage will be covered with pictures and my progress as I get on with it.

Comments

Popular Posts