Lets do Astrophotography NOW! Part 3

I want to encourage you to take the plunge into the wonderful world of astrophotography but it will take courage my friend. Out there you face a host of mad obsessive astronomers who will have a million ways of doing it. You will face the terror of indecision as you wonder what equipment to buy!! The horror of confusion as you gaze on the endless setups that people use.. Your mind will go blank as you attempt to understand it all but wait all is not doom and gloom..

If you have an SLR camera and attach it to your telescope with an adapter that is step one.

Step two is controlling your telescope with a drive motor so as your camera is taking a photo longer then say 30 seconds the stars dont leave trails.

Step 3 is then getting the images you have taken into a programme called deep sky stacker or registax and stacking them to give you a final image that you then edit to bring out the detail

That in a nutshell is what I do.. Yes but there's a lot more to it then that I hear you saying..
Well of course there is much more, but really those 3 things are the main things you will be doing.
Taking a photo that is prevented from trailing by controlling it with a telescope mount that has motor on it controlling it so it tracks the stars movement.
Then getting all that data from your camera and stacking it then processing the image to get your final shot.

SO if your still wavering thinking can I do this stop wavering and get yourself onto the stargazers forum stargazerslounge.com where you will find myself and many more very helpful people that will give you all the advise you need to get started. I will as I continue with this little blog of mine add more stuff as and when but if you want any help let me know and I will be happy to share what I have learned so far over the course of a year.
Astrophotography is FUN! so keep reading my blog and get started.



Comments

Popular Posts