Saturn mission completed!

Utube Video of Saturn click below..
Check out the utube video of my first sighting of Saturn!

Got myself up out of bed at 4am this morning determined to see Saturn for the first time. Packed the telescope in the car and arrived at my spot on the hill at 4.30am with thick cloud covering the sky. I sat it out praying for a break in the clouds and at 5am my wish came true and the clouds moved away at long last. Pointing my finder scope at my target I lined it up and looked through my eye piece.. There she was WOW what an amazing sight, I could clearly see the rings around the planet and make out some detail on Saturn its self totally awesome. Spent the next hour glued to the lens taking in the majestic beauty of this incredible planet. If there was ever a reason to get out of bed at 4am on a cold frosty morning then this was it. I managed to get a photo and some videos of Saturn before the sun came up but viewing was good from 4am right through to 6.30am when the clouds were gone. Heres a picture taken from the video clip.Once again I was using my little mobile phone camera and video not the best gear in the world to take shots of Saturn but I was a very happy chap.


Comments

Popular Posts