Orion nebula first attempt at astrophotography

This is my first attempt at getting a decent shot of the Orion Nebula. It came out pretty good considering it was a bright moon lit night. Using my SLR camera and setting it to aperture mode with and ISO of 200 and aperture set to 3.5 shutter speed at 13 seconds roughly. Really pleased with this one for a first attempt.
The other photo catches the constellation of orion between the moon and the street light.

~Reading this post in 2022 after many more years of doing astrophotography I realize that there is nothing quite like seeing these wonderful nebula for the first time this image is rubbish compared to what I can do now but at the time I chuffed to bits so if your just starting out enjoy the ride seeing these things for the first time is the best 

Comments

Popular Posts