Light Pollution

Turn the lights off and stop wasting electricity my mum used to tell me. Yet when I grew up I found out that our local councils dont care how much electricity they waste buy burning lights for hours and hours when there is no need for them to be on. Light pollution is a big problem and its getting worse when this lot go on my view of the stars gets washed out and I have to use filters to get decent views. Its much worse for other astronomers so I am counting my self fortunate even with all this lot burning away all night long. Thing are beginning to change and some councils are cutting off these lights. I dont object to lights that light up the ground where I am walking or need to see but I do object to lights that burn all night light up the skies and destroy our views of the night sky.

Comments

Popular Posts