The Sea of Crisis

Had a great night with the moon giving me a wonderful sharp view of the Mare Crisium or the Sea of Crisis. This amazing feature of the moon is about 376 miles wide and was the final resting place of Luna 15 that crashed there just before Apollo 11 was setting off. In August 1976 Lunar 24 landed here and took samples back to earth returning on the 22nd of August 76, my birthday! How cool is that. I took these photos with my trusty old mobile phone camera agains the x2 barlow and the 10mm eye piece. Put them into photo shop and added colour and inveresed a couple. I could not resist adding a splash of red to the inside of the crater making my own alien landscape.


Comments

  1. Not hard to see with a good Barlow lens attached to your scope a 2x barlow and 10m lens should do the trick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts