Cybermen ignite a star

Cyber-men fail to ignite a star in M13 but I got a good look at it!

Its true the cyber-men were going to ignite a star in the globul cluster m13 in a doctor who episode good job they failed.

I took my new skywatcher 200p out last night when at long last the clouds gave me a break and I put the x25 wide eye relief lens in to the 2x Barlow lens for a good view of this amazing star cluster that resides in the constellation of Hercules. Next on my list was the ring nebula in Lyra which was a little difficult to find at first but once I got on it was rewarded with a lovely smoky looking ring, a darker night viewing area would help as there are 9 street lamps outside my back garden bah! Next it was on to the Andromeda galaxy again a darker sky would help but still lovely to look at. Most of the time the Barlow lens with the wide eye relief x25 combination was fine with the x10mm lens going in to take closer detail looks. Top tips for star gazers if like me there is street lights annoying you try using a big fishing brolly tilted over to 45 degrees and stick that next to you works a treat. As the night wore on I saw several more star cluster and then stupidly I messed about with the primary mirror adjusters and knocked out the collimation setting so had to call it a night. So far though the new sky watcher 200p is fantastic and I am loving the views this new bigger telescope is giving me. Next thing is a step ladder for my missus as its a bit too tall for her to take a look through the eye piece lol

Comments

  1. Walky says: Collimation, I fear that word. Can I do astrophotography without needing to collimate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear not the dreaded collimation its really easy to do I use an old film cannister with a hole in it and can collminate my scope in less then a minute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts