The adventure begins...

I have decided to start a blog of my early days as an amateur astronomer to track my progress and share my ups and downs with others. So how did I get started? Simple really I just got out in the back yard with my small binoculars and started trying to identify the constellations beginning with the plough or the big dipper. From there it grew to the desire to see more and get a telescope so we bought our self a sky watcher 130p. With this I was able to see for the first time Jupiter and its moons which was an amazing sight. The moon was incredible and the 5.1 aperture of this nice telescope gave a really good view of the moons craters and the terminator in the x25 and x10 lens.
With the enthusiasm levels now boosted the deep sky objects like m13 and the ring nebula were now calling out to us but the cloudy sky's just would not budge for several weeks. Off to the star gazers forum in the mean time to meet some more star gazers then. I was amazed by the response and welcome from its members really friendly and helpful people with a wealth of knowledge.
SO more to come and the clouds part to reveal those deep sky objects.

Comments

Popular Posts